Tuesday 5 November 2013

RH (Restoration Hardware) is rebranding and expanding.....

There are so many good things to say about RH.  Let's start with beautifully designed, classic furniture at great prices - I think of them as the JCrew of furniture.   Their Belgian linens are lust worthy and get even better over time - I purchased a set in gray last year.   RH's new range of rugs looks amazing as well.  They have that worn in quality and old world patina that I love.  And last but certainly not least, their new flagship location is in my favourite, favourite, favourite building in Boston - the former Museum of Natural History, Bonwit Teller and Louis Boston.  You can tell with one look at the expanse of this graceful and grand building, with its pilisters, arches and enormous atrium interior, that its architect, William Gibbons Preston was influenced by the time he spent in Paris studying art.

The new RH Design Gallery is the first location to have a permanent florist, baby and child collections, including child-size furniture, wine bar, billiard lounge, cinema room, library and pub.  This is one place that is on my must visit list when I'm back in Boston.  RH, 234 Berkley Street, Boston.  Enjoy!








all photos from Architectural Digest 


Cheers,

Deb xx

ps.... while I was in the process of writing this post, RH sent me a video link of the Boston flagship store's historical renovation.  Just go to www.rh.com to view.  Enjoy!











No comments:

Post a Comment