Wednesday 20 November 2013


It's hip to be square.............

I bought my first Hermes scarf when I was 18.  It was a gift for my mother.  I wanted her to have something elegant and timeless (and a bit expensive).  Today, that scarf (now considered vintage Hermes) is part of my growing collection of these exquisite pieces of art - each one different but equally beautiful.

I recently read that the trademark Hermes scarves are printed by hand, involves up to 300 people to produce, takes about two years to complete and is made, of course, in France - now we know why they are expensive!  Each scarf has to be absolutely flawless to be worthy of the orange box.

The Hermes scarves are beautiful objects that age well and are timeless.   Whatever way you choose to wear your scarf and whatever you choose to wear it with, the softness of the silk, the details of the print and the vibrant colours are sure to make you feel instantly chic, sophisticated and special - I know that's how I feel when I wear mine.

















all photos via Pinterest

Cheers,

Deb xx






No comments:

Post a Comment