Thursday 21 November 2013

Inexpensive and big impact.......

I have long admired Malene Birger's home and I have been saving pictures of her interior since 2010.  I especially like the shelves on which she displays her art collections and other objects - her pictures of Marilyn Monroe sit along side her Picasso's.  When we renovated our home, we incorporated these shelves along our "L" shaped hallway.  The shelves have a front and back "rail" so you are able to slide your pictures between and lean them against your wall.  We display our favourite art works (although we don't have any Picasso's), pictures of the family, vases of flowers or leaves, small votives to light the way at night and little talismans we have collected from around the world.  A bonus to having shelves like these is that it is easy to change around your artwork and favourite objects when the mood strikes and if you are like me, the mood strikes often.

The single best part about the shelves is that you can find them at Ikea!  Yes, good design and inexpensive.  Ikea sells them in black, white and natural.  Naturally, I chose black.  Inevitably, when someone comes to our home, they never fail to comment on those shelves and I keep saying Ikea!!!!  Good design is good design.







all photos above via Elle Decoration






all photos above via Pinterest

my hallway - photo by Deb for From My Files

Cheers, 

Deb xx

No comments:

Post a Comment