Monday 4 November 2013

Red, red wine......



photo from Harper's Bazaar September issue


"Smoking hot red lips are the calling card of the new season," proclaims U.S. Vogue in its September issue.  I have worn red lipstick forever.  For me it is a classic.  It brightens your face and gives instant glamour and sexiness.  Everyone can wear red.  Finding the right colour undertone is the key.  My favourite is Bobbi Brown Burnt Red # 9.  Add a dab of a lighter colour shade or a gloss to the centre of your bottom lip to get the fuller "pout" look.

If you need more convincing that red is the "colour du jour" just look at the latest designer campaigns.  I particulary love Michelle Williams for Louis Vuitton and the woman in the Georgio Armani ads.




Georgio Armani

Georgio Armani







photo by deb for from my files




photo by deb for from my files




"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together."  - Elizabeth Taylor

Cheers,

Deb xx




No comments:

Post a Comment