Tuesday 21 October 2014

Linda Rodin....................

The 66 year old Linda Rodin is who I want to be when I grow up.  Linda is a native New Yorker, stylist, model (J Crew, Matches Fashion, Elle), style icon and inventor of the cult brand Rodin olio lusso - which she made in a coffee cup in her home mixing essential oils to her moisturizer.  

I came across her on the Matches Fashion website.  Here is what Linda had to say when Matches put her in their "Style Spotlight."



The superpower that would most improve my life is...... "To have read and remembered every interesting book there is."


Most treasured possession is...... "My family and my dog.  No, I take it back - my health."


The first thing I do in the morning..... "I get my cappuccino from a great little place called Golden Crepes at the end of my street and then I walk Winky, my dog."


Flats or heels?  "Flats.  I can't wear heels.  Never!"


My signature fragrance is..... "These days it's my new fragrance, Rodin Bis.  I made it in memory of my mother."


I keep in shape by...... "Walking and working."


The work of art that I'd most like to own is..... "Anything by Cezanne."


You may not know this about me but..... "I never go out past 7pm.  But I'm not an early bird either.  I like to watch late-night TV and I get up at 10, unless I'm working.  Getting enough sleep is the key to life.  I need nine hours."


My epitaph would read..... "I did the best I could."


The piece of advice I would give my 15-year-old self is..... "You're more interesting than you think, so just embrace yourself."



all photos via Matches Fashion, J Crew, Elle, Pinterest and Tumblr

Cheers,

Deb xx

No comments:

Post a Comment