Wednesday 8 October 2014

Butler's pantry...............

While reading this month's Architectural Digest (more on that later), I read a small article about a butler's pantry and then I fell down the rabbit hole.

A pantry is a room where food, provisions, dishes and linens are stored and served in an ancillary capacity to the kitchen.  The pantry is for storage and the kitchen is for cooking.  I like this concept.  Growing up we had a pantry but alas, no butler and it definitely was not like any of the pantries below - but I loved it anyway.   When I toured the mansions in Newport, RI with a friend a few years ago, the pantry obsession really took hold.  Of course, watching Downton Abbey just adds fuel to the fire.










































all photos via Architectural Digest, Pinterest and Tumblr

Cheers,

Deb xx

No comments:

Post a Comment