Tuesday 7 October 2014

Floral art..................



I bought the book, Floral Contemporary - The Renaissance of Flower Design by Olivier Dupon, that I had included on my "must buy" book list a few blogs ago and I am happy to report that it is an absolutely beautiful tribute to all of us who work with flowers.  The author states that, "this book has been conceived from the floral artists' perspective....... you will not find any methods or tips on how to make an arrangement...... that it (the book) is first and foremost a showcase for some of today's great floral makers, confirming that contemporary floral art comes in all shapes and guises........"  

Olivier Dupon goes on to say, "..... that real floral art is a serious endeavour, not puff and fluff ..... that it is long hours and physical hardship."  "But is there anything more noble and honourable than crafting with a living material?"   I could not have said it better.  I have many floral books, but this one is truly outstanding.











all photos via Floral Contemporary - The Renaissance of Flower Design
by Olivier Dupon


"It is confirmation that nature is perfect."

Cheers,

Deb xx

1 comment:

  1. love each of the different arrangements - chandelier arrangement is my favorite

    ReplyDelete