Wednesday 1 October 2014

Bling for the home...................

Chandeliers are to a home, as diamonds are to women.  I never thought I would be a chandelier type of girl, but I am.  I fell in love with the ones below by Tord Boontje on a trip to NYC and the Moss store in Soho - many, many years ago.  These light branches have thousands of Swarovski crystals attached and to see them in person is simply amazing.

More recently, it was lust at first sight when I saw the rough-cut crystal chandeliers by Christopher Boots (Australian designer) in Vogue Living.  I love the raw and unpretentiousness of his lights and the fact that every one is an individual work of art.  His smaller chandelier would look perfect in my bathroom.  I'm also looking forward to finding a very large antique one (or two) for the shack on the lake.








Tord Boontje's Swarovski chandeliers above
Tord Boontje's laser cut metal gardland light 


Christopher Boot's crystal chandeliers above

Dries Van Noten runway show
















Is anything better than the glow of candlelight?
Yes, candlelight in the garden.......
Love the two different chandeliers here

This would look great in a bathroom

Love this idea - definitely going to copy it for Summer in our garden



all pictures via Tord Boontje, Christopher Boots, Vogue Living,
Belle Australia, Veranda, Elle Decor, Architectural Digest, Pinterest and Tumblr


Cheers,

Deb xx

No comments:

Post a Comment