Wednesday 12 November 2014

Donna Karan's favourite things....................


Green juices are all the rage now, but back in 2005 I remember reading an article from Vogue Living Australia that gave Donna Karan's recipe for her daily green juice.  At one point I couldn't find it and searched the internet for the recipe, to no avail.  I eventually did find it, in my files, and now I can share it with all of you.  It is listed among Donna's 10 Favourite Things.

Enjoy!

Donna and her daughter, Gabby at her beach house

1.  Family Matters - My family is my luxury.  They come first and foremost because they are truly what matters in life.

2.  Nature - There is simply nothing more inspirational or more liberating than being at one with nature. I love the beach, the mountains, the desert, the rainforest - all of it.  Nature intoxicates me, the textures, the colours, the air, the shifting moods.

3.  Cashmere - I wear it.  I design with it.  I sleep in it.  I have even created two scents inspired by a passion for cashmere.  There is nothing more sublime against bare skin.

4.  Parrot Cay - A small resort island that is part of the Turks and Caicos.  It's also paradise.  I go there to unwind and rejuvenate with family and friends.

5.  Be Delicious Body Lotion - I love body lotions because they're a scent and treatment in one.  Be Delicious Body Lotion has just the right blend of apple and lush wet greens.

6.  Yoga - There's nothing like it.  Yoga unites the mind, body and spirit.  You are completely in the moment and have a sense of peace and of wellbeing.

7.  Raw food - This isn't a diet, it's a way of living.  Not only did I lose weight, I feel healthier and I have more energy.  I'm passionate about green juice.

8.  The bodysuit - For me, it will always be the first layer of dressing.  It's the foundation of great style.  Put on a bodysuit and the possibilities are endless.

9.  My white beach house - It's done in every white shade imaginable; bone, ivory, ecru, cream, taupe, you name it.  I see white as like a canvas, the perfect backdrop to water, sand and sky.  It lets the feeling of outside come in.

10.  My black city apartment - Black isn't the first colour you think of for decorating, but I love it.  I have black walls and black sofas and accents everywhere.  Black creates a dramatic canvas for the city as well as for the people in the room - almost like a frame for their personalities.

Donna's Daily Green Juice Recipe

3 organic apples
1 stick of celery
1 cup of spinach leaves
2.5cm of ginger root
1/2 fennel bulb
1/2 cup of parsley
1/2 cucumber

Pass through a juicer then blend with 1 tablespoon each of Mineral powder and
Tocotrienol (antioxidant) and 1 teaspoon each of Goat's Whey and Flaxseed oil,
add six nuts (I prefer Macadamias).


Cheers,

Deb xx

No comments:

Post a Comment