Tuesday 1 July 2014


"Beige!  Just my colour." - Elsie DeWolfe




Beige takes its name from the French word for the colour of natural wool and is used to describe a variety of light tints.  It has been called camel, off white, biscuit, buff, ecru, fawn, mushroom, oatmeal, sand, neutral, taupe, tan, cream and a whole range of pale brownish, yellowish or grayish colours.

But when did beige get such a bad rap?  Being called beige is like being called vanilla, it implies something (or someone) is boring, plain or bland.   I love beige.  I think it's sexy.  Ok, it's not red sexy.  But it is understated, elegant and classy sexy.  It's "I don't have to be the centre of attention, I  am confident enough" sexy.  And I have never heard of Kim Kardashian, Angelina Jolie, Charlize Theron or Miranda Kerr being called boring or plain.


Kim Kardashian-West
Dolce and Gabbana S/S 2014
Dior Sweater
Donna Karan Resort 2014
Miranda Kerr
Artwork from the Sydney Biennale - photo by Deb for From My Files


Above photos of Burberry 2014
Picture from Architectural  Digest
La Perla
Picture from Vogue
Picture from Vogue Living
Angelina Jolie

Above pictures from The Row 2014 Resort
Valentino


Above photos by Deb for From My Files
Prada's new collection
Photo from Architectural Digest

Above photos of Barbara Bui 2014 Resort

Photo via Elle Decor France



Swarovski

Photo via Veranda
"Glamping" - Glamour Camping

Charlize Theron


all photos via Veranda, Elle Decor France, Architectural Digest, Vogue, Vogue Living, Pinterest, Tumblr, Style.com and Deb for From My  Files


Cheers,

Deb xx

No comments:

Post a Comment