Friday 13 June 2014

"Raggy Roses"........

Raggy roses is a phrase I coined when I would go to the flower market and buy a bucket full of various coloured roses that did not made the "grade" into the "perfect" bunches of roses selling at the markets.  Whenever, I bought these mixed bunches of colourful, lush, fragrant, blown roses back to my flower shop (not intending to sell them) my customers would go crazy to purchase them.

I was reminded of those days this week when I went to the flower market and could not pass up the most beautiful bucket of "raggy roses", all in various tones of pink, fully blown and fragrant - to be used and appreciated for their beauty, imperfections and all.  Personally, I think their imperfections make them more beautiful and interesting.

I only wish you could smell them as well....... Enjoy!












all photos by Deb for From My Files

Cheers,

Deb xx


No comments:

Post a Comment