Wednesday 4 June 2014

June brides..............

While reading the June edition of Architectural Digest India, I saw the most beautiful Indian bride pictures (below) and it got me thinking about why the month of June is the most popular month to be married.  This is what I have found out.  

The month of June is named after the goddess Juno, the Roman counterpart to Hera, the goddess of the hearth, home and patron of wives.

I also liked the lyrics to a song by Johnny Mercer, that says "They say when you marry in June, you're a bride all your life and the bridegroom who marries in June gets a sweatheart for a wife."

I'm not sure either of the two above "facts" are the reasons for June being the most popular month to wed.   My personal feeling is because all my favourite flowers are in bloom at this time of year.


































all photos via Architectural Digest India, The New Yorker, Vogue, Pinterest 
and by Deb for From My Files

Deb xx



No comments:

Post a Comment