Tuesday 24 June 2014

Following on from YSL and Le Smoking Suit............

Katherine Hepburn 

Two of my favourite style icons are Katherine Hepburn and Diane Keaton.  I love the perfect balance in dressing, between masculine and feminine, sexy and strong - classic with a twist.  The pant suit is just that and should be a staple of every modern woman's closet.  It has gone from just office wear, to nights out, formal events, the runway, red carpet events, even weddings - Carolina Herrera designed the first bridal pant suit.  Slim fitting and elegant, yet professional, the pant suit is a crucial part of any female wardrobe.

I do like the new shorter, ankle length for the pants (Giorgio Armani and Donna Karan), however, I prefer to wear my pants very long and usually a bit slouchy - I believe it elongates the body.  It is the perfect day to evening outfit - add a sexy pair of sling backs or strappy heel sandals and some over the top bling and you are ready for anyone and anything!





Angenlina Jolie in YSL "Smoking Suit"




Armani A/W 14

Diane Keaton

Donna Karan S/S 15
Jennifer Aniston
Penelope Cruz

Ralph Lauren A/W 14
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley
Kim Kardashian
Carolina Herrera's Bridal Pant Suit

All photos via Vogue, Harpers Bazaar, Pinterest and Tumblr

Cheers,

Deb xx


1 comment:

  1. Oh my god - I love everyone of these pantsuits and I have a work dinner thursday night so perfecto that is what I will wear to work it is my J Crew black pantsuit.

    ReplyDelete