Saturday 20 September 2014


"I'm just a turtleneck kinda gal................."  Diane Keaton, Somethings Gotta Give

I love turtlenecks.  I love the big chunky knit ones worn with a slim skirt or skinny jeans and I love the thinner merino wool turtlenecks from JCrew, good for layering under a suit or jacket.  The turtleneck is a classic piece.  I bought two amazing ones from Bassike (below) that are boxy and hits just at your hip and I have gotten endless wear out of them this past Winter.   Even though I am in Spring here in Sydney, I will be ordering a few of the boyfriend turtlenecks from JCrew as I have lived in the boyfriend v neck sweater from them for the past two years.





Jackie Onassis


Phoebe Philo

JCrew boyfriend turtleneck 


Audrey Hepburn

Gisele Bundchen



Diane Keaton in Somethings Gotta Give


Sharon Stone at the 1996 Oscars in her Gap turtleneck 
Steve McQueen

Kate Middleton


Bassike turtleneck sweater

all pictures via Vogue, Harpers Bazaar, JCrew, Bassike and Pinterest

Cheers,

Deb xx


p.s.  Bassike is an Australian brand, however they do ship around the world.

1 comment:

  1. the heat is back in a bad way - muggy - so ready for the turtleneck - just craving to wear the turtleneck

    ReplyDelete