Monday 3 February 2014

Black in the kitchen............

Black kitchens are "all the rage" says one trend report, adding that it is a look that adds "sophistication."  Another big trend for kitchens are open shelves that display all your wares - from your dishes, pots and pans and glasses to cooking oils.

I recently renovated our kitchen in gray, white and stainless steel tones (but I do have open shelving) and if I had it to do over again, I think I would renovate with black cuboards and shelves.  Black to me is intimate, warm and inviting - it is also practical, requiring little maintenance, while hiding dirt - certainly better than my white, high gloss cabinets do.

Pair black with natural woods, gray stone or stainless steel to keep it from looking too dark.



















Cheers,

Deb xx


No comments:

Post a Comment