Sunday 16 March 2014

Lá Fhéile Pádraig - the Day of the Festival of Patrick
Happy St. Patrick's Day..............



Above is a picture of the Wicklow Mountains, near Dublin and it is where I stayed on my first (and so far only) trip to Ireland.  I remember taking an early morning walk, with fog and mist still hovering, down to the little village to take the bus to Dublin.  I closed my eyes and the smell of green was so vibrant and beautiful - like the smell of fresh cut grass a thousandfold.   It is something I will never forget.  

To all my friends and readers, those of you who are Irish and those of you who wish you were, I wish you a very happy St. Patrick's Day.



























"Love is never defeated, and I could add; the history of Ireland proves it."
- Pope John Paul II


all images by Deb for From My Files and via Pinterest and Tumblr

Cheers,

Deb xx


No comments:

Post a Comment