Thursday 12 December 2013

Kenzo Takada......

I saw images of Kenzo's Paris apartment in a magazine a while back, I had forgotten which one and have been looking for them ever since.  Just by chance, I was re-reading old copy of Vogue Living Australia and of course, there they were.  

Kenzo's penthouse apartment is in a classic Haussmannian designed building on the Left Bank in Paris.  It is decorated in an eclectic mix of Chinese, Japanese and French antique furniture with European and African tribal art and from the roof of his penthouse, he can look out over the city of Paris - tres magnifique!  I like the pared back simplicity of his space and particularly love the two day beds used as couches and of course, all those chandeliers. You will notice that he uses both blue and white and red accent pieces throughout his home - so the debate continues or you could just have both!





I love the ceramic shell vase (on the right) filled with flowers...








all photos via Vogue Living Australia

photo via Architectural Digest

photo via Architectural Digest


Kenzo retired from the fashion world in 1999.  He was known for his use of powerful and exotic colours and bold prints.  His floral prints are some of my favourites (naturally).  This book is filled with luscious images from some of his fashion shows.  I have given you just a sample below.  It is truly a fabulous book.







photos by Deb of KENZO for From My Files


Cheers,

Deb xx



No comments:

Post a Comment